South Korea’s Central Bank Says It Won’t Issue A Digital Currency In Near Future (cointelegraph.com)
South Korea’s central bank, the Bank of Korea, says it won’t be issuing a central bank digital currency in the near term, local English-language newspaper the Korea Herald reports Jan. 29.
“We have no plans to issue any type of CBDC that is available for all people in the near future. We have to work further on benefits and costs of CBDC implementation first.”
A CBDC is a digital currency issued by a central bank, which has the status of legal tender and other properties of centralized, fiat money.
As recently reported, a survey from the Switzerland-based Bank for International Settlements – an organization comprised of of 60 of the world’s central banks – found that seventy percent of central banks worldwide are currently conducting research into CBDC issuance.
A recent Cointelegraph analysis piece outlined the current positions of multiple governments and central banks globally toward CBDC issuance.
Original post reduced by: 40%
Read the full story here: South Korea’s central bank…
Related story: UK Regulator: Utility Tokens Are Not Subject To Securities Laws (news.bitcoin.com)
Support Our WorkWhy support us? We work 24/7 to provide simple summaries of the latest cryptocurrency news and developments from across the web. Crypto-News-TLDR relies entirely on contributions from readers to stay independent. BTC ETH XMR IOTA AION Alternatively, support us by using the following referral links: Exchange: Binance | Hardware Wallet: Ledger Browser: Brave | Free Bitcoin: Coinbase
CryptoNewsTLDR is a cryptocurrency news aggregate, bringing you the latest news in quick-to-read summaries.
Thanks to recent breakthroughs in text algorithms we’re able to reduce news articles to their most important sentences, saving you time every single day.
How does it work?
CryptoNewsTLDR is powered by SMMRY.
It works to reduce text to core sentences. It achieves this by:
• Ranking sentences by importance using the core algorithm.
• Reorganizing the summary to focus on a topic; by selection of a keyword.
• Removing transition phrases.
• Removing unnecessary clauses.
• Removing excessive examples.
The core algorithm summarizes in 7 simple steps:
1) Associate words with their grammatical counterparts. (e.g. “city” and “cities”)
2) Calculate the occurrence of each word in the text.
3) Assign each word with points depending on their popularity.
4) Detect which periods represent the end of a sentence. (e.g “Mr.” does not).
5) Split up the text into individual sentences.
6) Rank sentences by the sum of their words’ points.
7) Return X of the most highly ranked sentences in chronological order.
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Ethereum
Donate With MetaMask
Donate ETH Via PAY With Metamask
Alternatively, support us by using the following referral links:
CN [too long; didn’t read]
Summarised crypto news.