Monero’s Riccardo Spagni: “Financial privacy is a basic human right” (theblockcrypto.com)
Speaking in Davos at an event co-hosted by The Block and E8 Partners, Riccardo Spagni, the lead maintainer of a privacy project Monero, spoke about why financial privacy matters to him and why he thinks it should matter to everyone.
Spagni is convinced that financial privacy is a basic human right
Spagni continues by arguing that financial privacy is not desirable only by bad actors; everyone should care about the security and privacy of their data.
Spagni says, “That’s why it’s incredibly serious to work on the project. And I truly feel that any privacy project that treats it with less care is not only indistinguishable from a scam, but they’re deeply disingenuous and they put people’s lives at risk.”
In conclusion, Spagni says that when people bring up the argument that only bad people protect their privacy since good people have nothing to hide, he tells them to show him the last few months’ of their bank statements.
As Edward Snowden said, “Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.”
Original post reduced by: 71%
Read the full story here.
Related story: Coinbase adds privacy coin Zcash
Support Our WorkWhy support us? We work 24/7 to provide simple summaries of the latest cryptocurrency news and developments from across the web. Crypto-News-TLDR relies entirely on contributions from readers to stay independent. BTC ETH XMR IOTA AION Alternatively, support us by using the following referral links: Exchange: Binance | Hardware Wallet: Ledger Browser: Brave | Free Bitcoin: Coinbase
CryptoNewsTLDR is a cryptocurrency news aggregate, bringing you the latest news in quick-to-read summaries.
Thanks to recent breakthroughs in text algorithms we’re able to reduce news articles to their most important sentences, saving you time every single day.
How does it work?
CryptoNewsTLDR is powered by SMMRY.
It works to reduce text to core sentences. It achieves this by:
• Ranking sentences by importance using the core algorithm.
• Reorganizing the summary to focus on a topic; by selection of a keyword.
• Removing transition phrases.
• Removing unnecessary clauses.
• Removing excessive examples.
The core algorithm summarizes in 7 simple steps:
1) Associate words with their grammatical counterparts. (e.g. “city” and “cities”)
2) Calculate the occurrence of each word in the text.
3) Assign each word with points depending on their popularity.
4) Detect which periods represent the end of a sentence. (e.g “Mr.” does not).
5) Split up the text into individual sentences.
6) Rank sentences by the sum of their words’ points.
7) Return X of the most highly ranked sentences in chronological order.
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send Ethereum
Donate With MetaMask
Donate ETH With MetaMask
Alternatively, support us by using the following referral links:
CN [too long; didn’t read]
Summarised crypto news.