Blockchain Browser Brave to Offer Free Access to Premium Cheddar Content (coindesk.com)
Blockchain-based internet browser Brave has partnered with news website Cheddar to offer free access to its premium content for a limited period.
The firms jointly announced Tuesday that Brave browser users will be able to automatically unlock premium content on Cheddar website for the next three months starting today.
“Cheddar viewers are obsessed with crypto; we even have a show dedicated to it – The Crypto Craze. The idea of unlocking our premium feeds for Brave users via crypto funding, with no sign-up, seemed like a natural way to engage a passionate community,” said Jon Steinberg, Cheddar’s founder and CEO. Brave, founded in 2015 by Mozilla co-founder Brendan Eich, raised about $35 million.
The privacy-focused browser, which claims to have 5.5 million monthly active users currently, has been looking to offer new services.
Last April, it partnered with Dow Jones Media Group to experiment with a blockchain content delivery system.
Original post reduced by: 29%
Read the full story here.
Related story: UK Regulator: Utility Tokens Are Not Subject To Securities Laws
What is Brave?
Support Our WorkWhy support us? We work 24/7 to provide simple summaries of the latest cryptocurrency news and developments from across the web. Crypto-News-TLDR relies entirely on contributions from readers to stay independent. BTC ETH XMR IOTA AION Alternatively, support us by using the following referral links: Exchange: Binance | Hardware Wallet: Ledger Browser: Brave | Free Bitcoin: Coinbase
CryptoNewsTLDR is a cryptocurrency news aggregate, bringing you the latest news in quick-to-read summaries.
Thanks to recent breakthroughs in text algorithms we’re able to reduce news articles to their most important sentences, saving you time every single day.
How does it work?
CryptoNewsTLDR is powered by SMMRY.
It works to reduce text to core sentences. It achieves this by:
• Ranking sentences by importance using the core algorithm.
• Reorganizing the summary to focus on a topic; by selection of a keyword.
• Removing transition phrases.
• Removing unnecessary clauses.
• Removing excessive examples.
The core algorithm summarizes in 7 simple steps:
1) Associate words with their grammatical counterparts. (e.g. “city” and “cities”)
2) Calculate the occurrence of each word in the text.
3) Assign each word with points depending on their popularity.
4) Detect which periods represent the end of a sentence. (e.g “Mr.” does not).
5) Split up the text into individual sentences.
6) Rank sentences by the sum of their words’ points.
7) Return X of the most highly ranked sentences in chronological order.
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send Ethereum
Donate With MetaMask
Donate ETH With MetaMask
Alternatively, support us by using the following referral links:
CN [too long; didn’t read]
Summarised crypto news.